Sunday 14 October 2012

Experiencing intuitive resonance // Canterbury


“…instantaneous presence of a distinct emotion; the atmosphere of sound that envelopes and touches me…” The Magic of the Real


At first hearing: ‘I want you to capture a moment…’ I couldn't help but wonder how to embody my personal response; through what medium and by which means? With such ambiguity set at the back of my mind, I began ‘viewing the environment ‘with an open awareness, and allowed myself to become attuned to the conditions which I would find myself in. What happened astonished me: I encountered immediate experience which resonated so profoundly. At my most rested state I found clarity in the most simple of phenomena, the water, the light, the sounds and the interplay of all three.

Experiential transitions...

 Mediating light (image © Tina Zacharia)

  
Focal Transition: mediating between media  (images © Tina Zacharia)


Pulsating light...

Stills from video (images © Tina Zacharia)
                                   

                                          
        'Pulsating light'  (video © Tina Zacharia) 

­Ephemeral experience:

In retrospect, the process of documenting my journey experientially, developed from spontaneous moments; not scripted or preconceived.  One’s experience is transient and individual; it can’t be directly recreated.

Sketch presentation in studio (image © Tina Zacharia)


No comments:

Post a Comment