Friday 12 October 2012

New academic year, New Design Thesis Project…


So Stage 2 Graduate Diploma has begun (!) and once again I find myself immersed in visual and intellectual exploration.  Eager to widen my architectural thinking once again in an educational environment, I look forward to developing and presenting possible new hypotheses through experimentation and making. After careful deliberation, I have chosen to focus my Design Thesis Project within Bradley Starkey’s unit entitled ‘Ageing’:




“…Drawing upon the psychology of ageing, we will examine what ageing might mean: personally, culturally and architecturally. Recognising the importance of embodied thinking, the unit will emphasise a hands on approach to designing and making. This will lead to proposals for the design of innovative, sensitive and beautiful environments for our ageing population…”

No comments:

Post a Comment