Monday 22 October 2012

Lets go back to the drawing board...analogue mapping


‘Thinking within Architecture’ Appraising fundamental qualities of the site:
 With a combination of visual, haptic and tactile qualities, varied levels of importance can be realised.


Contextualising the site: (image: Tina Zacharia)


The denser the line most prominent feature onsite
(image: Tina Zacharia)

My experience of drawing the master plan was intuitive and somewhat reminiscent of my early experiences of drawing; I sensed a direct reciprocal relationship between the shifting movement of my hand and the pencil to paper. With every shift in direction a physical mark would show evidence of this movement; displaying depth depending on the (with the varied) pressure I applied.

As an intuitive and perceptual exercise, information became evident as to what on site, I found to be most prominent and influential within the bounding environment; re-establishing a physical and emotional response whilst giving rise to the reflective analysis of what I had produced. In effect I made realisations which could result in possible areas of interest and approach towards the design project itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment